“Entry Level” doesn’t have to mean ‘cheap’ or ‘low quality’ and the Cornerstone Series by Head Down Firearms is the quality ‘first’ you’ve been searching for. The Cornerstone is built to last while offering a handy, reliable, and easy-to-shoot platform to act as the foundation of your shooting experience. Every Cornerstone Series rifle is backed by a guarantee of 1 MOA accuracy or better (with decent ammunition), as well as a transferable lifetime warranty.
- High-strength forged receivers
- ALG Defense QMS MIL-SPEC Trigger
- M16 Bolt Carrier Group with Nitride finish
- 16” 41V50 Chrome Moly Vanadium barrel with black nitride finish
- .223 Wylde chamber accepts both 5.56 NATO and .223 Remington ammunition
- 1:8 twist rate stabilizes most common grain weights
- Smooth-shooting mid-Length gas system
- 15” Head Down M-LOK free float handguard
- Radian Raptor ambidextrous charging handle
- Heavy carbine buffer
- Mission First Tactical Engage pistol grip
- Mission First Tactical Battlelink Minimalist Stock
The Cornerstone ships from the factory ready to roll. Where many manufacturers are content to supply shooters with cheap A2 pistol grips or M4 stocks, the Cornerstone comes equipped with high quality and ergonomic furniture from Mission First Tactical that will make shooting easier and more comfortable. Instead of a gritty, rough, parts kit trigger, Head Down have opted for the QMS from ALG Defense, offering a clean, crisp, and repeatable single stage pull you can rely on. The 15” free float handguard provides plenty of room for lights, grips, and other accessories, while also providing shooters of any size to comfortably handle the rifle. Add in a soft shooting mid-length gas system balanced by a heavy carbine buffer to help keep your muzzle on target. Whether the Cornerstone is your first rifle or your fiftieth, it’s the perfect start (or addition) to your collection.